தமிழ் கம்ப்யூட்டிங் என்பது மென்பொருளின் அனைத்து செயல்பாடுகளையும் தமிழ் மக்களுக்கு புரியும் வைகயில் தமிழ்
மொழியில் மாற்றும் செய்தல்.
- The Mozilla project was created in 1998 with the release of the Netscape browser suite source code.
- After several years of development, Mozilla 1.0, the first major version, was released in 2002.
- In 2003, the Mozilla project created the Mozilla Foundation, an independent non-profit organization
- Firefox 1.0 was released in 2004 and became a big success — in less than a year, it was downloaded over 100 million times.
- In 2013, we launched Firefox OS to unleash the full power of the web on smartphones
Tamil Computing History
- Starting from the late-1970s and on into the early-1980s
- By the late-1980s, the degree of incompatibility among these efforts had limited the value of their contributions to local contexts.
- The first initiative to identify the dimensions of disorder in Tamil computing was undertaken in 1997 at a conference in Singapore (since then called the First Tamil Internet Conference).
- Second Tamil Internet Conference held in Chennai in February 1999. At this conference it was proposed that the placement of glyphs within a Tamil font would follow a recommended scheme.
- International Forum for Information Technology in Tamil (INFITT) was formed and located in Singapore with generous support from the Singapore government