Viluppuram GNU/Linux Users Group (Viluppuram GLUG) is a non profit organization started in 2013, Impression of worldwide Free and Open Source Software movement. This organization is a social movement that works towards enlightening the masses with the essence of free software and to liberate knowledge. Our main objectives are to take forward free software and its ideological implications to all corners of our country from the developed domains to the underprivileged, to create awareness among computer users in the use of free software, to take forward implementation and usage of free software in school education, academics and higher education, etc.
1. Creating awareness on GNU/Linux Operating System and Free Software.
2. Delivering for free, various flavors of latest and old versions of Gnu/Linux for those in need around Vilupuram.
3. Conducting weekly once or monthly twice Meet-up in Vilupuram with those who have interest to know about Gnu/Linux and Free Software (Anyone can join the meet up)
4. Conducting workshop, Software Freedom Day, Education Freedom Day, Summer Camp, Winter camp, Weekathon,etc.
- We are a Technical + Philosophical group, where we care about the Philosophy of Free Software and Freedom / Free Speech over the Internet. We believe that Technology should not be restricted only to few people. It should reach million and should give users every Freedom.
- We live in a Society, and not contributing to a society is not fair. As they give things for us to live, sustain and grow then why not spend few minutes to contribute back?
- Villupuram Gnu/Linux Users Group also called as “VGLUG” in short is run by group of volunteers from Vilupuram.