Software Freedom Day
Software Freedom Day (SFD) is an annual worldwide celebration of Free Software Foundation. SFD is a public education effort with the aim of increasing awareness of Free Software and its virtues, and encouraging its use.
Software Freedom Day (SFD) @ Villupuram:
A great day which went on SFD with Free Software Foundation Tamilnadu – Villupuram the mission accomplished as it was designed. great stalls good public responses, interesting questionnaires and was awesome at-last felicitated by MLA vikravandi.
Date : 14-09-2014(Sunday).
Time : 9:30am-12:00 pm.
Venue : V.R.P School,Villupuram
Participated : School ,College students and people are participated
Poster – SFD 2014:
- Freedom 0: The freedom to run the program for any purpose.
- Freedom 1: The freedom to study how the program works, and change it to make it do what you wish.
- Freedom 2: The freedom to redistribute and make copies so you can help your neighbor.
- Freedom 3: The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements (and modified versions in general) to the public, so that the whole community benefits
Various GNU/Linux Flavors:
- This stall say about various “Gnu/ Linux distribution”
- Refer the link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions
Free software Tools:
- This stall say about the what are the Free Software Tools are available and how to use this Free software
- Like Libre Office ,VLC ,Mozila ….etc
- This stall say about the what are the Multimedia Free Software are available and how to use this Multimedia Free software
- Talk about Gimp,Blender,Inkscape .
Stellarium and Scratch:
- This stall say about the “Stellarium and Scratch” what use and how to use.
- Stellarium is a planetarium software that shows exactly what you see when you look up at the stars. It’s easy to use, and free.
- Scratch is a free programming language and on line community where you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations.
- This stall say about the “Open Hardware – Arduino”
- Open-Source Hardware (OSH), consists of physical artifacts of technology designed and offered by the open design movement.
- This stall say about the “Wikipedia”
- Wikipedia – means,why this,how to use,how to edit
- This stall use to work on Free software
- Hacking with Free software
- How to participate Women in Free Software
- This stall say about “Tamil Computing”
- How to Localization ,why Tamil computer
- Tamil computing in Free software
Success of Software Freedom Day:
- The End of Software Freedom Day felicitated by The Vikravandi MLA.
- Success of SFD all FSFTN volunteers enjoy…..and Happy…
- At Last, All the Villupuram, Puduvai, IFET, UCEV, Mailam Glug Members Taken the Group Photos
Dinamani News Paper (14-09-2016):
- We are amazed at the number of Students and public that turned out to the event. Viluppuram team has done a commendable community work. The news is published in Dinamai Paper.
- Link : http://epaper.dinamani.com/338597/Dinamani-Villupuram/15092014#page/3/1
- All Photos of SFD 2014 Villupuram
1 thought on “Software Freedom Day – 2k14”