- Introduction to GNU/Linux
- Alternative Free Software
- HTML and CSS
Date : 28-02-2016(Sunday).
Time : 9:30am-12:30 pm.
Jeevika Academy, Opposite to Solai Mahal, Trichy main road, Villupuram.
In Meet up
- No of people attended – 20+ members
- Introduction to GNU/Linux – Manimaran.K (9:30AM to 10:00AM)
- GNU is an operating system which is free software. i.e, it respects users’ freedom.
- GNU + Linux Kernal =”GNU / Linux “
2. Alternative Free Software – Manimaran.K (10:00AM to 10:30AM)
- Freedom 0: The freedom to run the program for any purpose.
- Freedom 1: The freedom to study how the program works, and change it to make it do what you wish.
- Freedom 2: The freedom to redistribute and make copies so you can help your neighbor.
- Freedom 3: The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements (and modified versions in general) to the public, so that the whole community benefits.
- The software have above four freedoms thus the software is Free software.
3. HTML and CSS – Sathish Kumar.K (10:30AM to 12:00PM)
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup
- HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages
- HTML elements are represented by tags.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets
- CSS describes how HTML elements are to be displayed on screen, paper, or in other media
- CSS saves a lot of work. It can control the layout of multiple web pages all at once
- External stylesheets are stored in CSS files
4. General Discussion – Mohammed Adam (12:00PM to 12:30PM)