- Python & Wiki
- Blender & Tamil computing
- Bootstrap & OSM
Date : 31-12-2016(Sunday).
Time : 2:00pm-4:30 pm.
Future academy, Near Bank of Baroda, Thiru vi ka st, Villupuram.
- Winter Camp was Villupuram glug “Year-End” technical meet up. This meetup explore and learn about various free software technologies.
- This First Winter Camp was conducted by Villupuram GLUG on Dec 31, 2016.
- They were spread various topics in this winter camp
- HTML and CSS
- Wikipedia and Open Street Map
- Manimaran took Bootstrap.
- Keerthana and Rogini took HTML and CSS.
- Sathish kumar took Blender.
- RagulKanth took Python.
- Hari priya and Vijaya Lakshmi took Wikipedia and Open Street Map.
- 25+ people attended this meetup.
Learn about bootstrap
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup
- HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages
- HTML elements are represented by tags.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets
- CSS describes how HTML elements are to be displayed on screen, paper, or in other media
- CSS saves a lot of work. It can control the layout of multiple web pages all at once
- External stylesheets are stored in CSS files
Learn about HTML and CSS
Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990. Like Perl, Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Learn about Python
Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
Learn more about Blender
Wikipedia and Open street Map
Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia that aims to allow anyone to edit articles. Wikipedia is the largest and most popular general reference work on the Internet and is ranked among the ten most popular websites. Wikipedia is owned by the nonprofit Wikimedia Foundation.
Open Street Map is built by a community of mappers that contribute and maintain data about roads, trails, cafés, railway stations, and much more, all over the world. This is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. The creation and growth of OSM has been motivated by restrictions on use or availability of map information across much of the world, and the advent of inexpensive portable satellite navigation devices. OSM is considered a prominent example of volunteered geographic information.
Winder Camp Attended people