- Let’s start our contribution to Mozilla – Sarath
- Introduction to BitCoin – Syed Khaleel
- Using Cryptographic tools to sending encrypted emails – Prasanna
- Wine Software – Aravind Raj
Date : 03-08-2014(Sunday).
Time : 9:30am-12:00 pm.
CITU Office, Villupuram.
In Meet up
1) Let’s start our contribution to Mozilla – Part II by Sarath
- Sarath tells about how we can contribute in the Mozilla Firefox. A Simple method to contribute in Mozilla is Mozilla One and done Here is the site for that (https://oneanddone.mozilla.org/en-US/).
- When you enter to this site We must signin to Mozilla Persona . And we can do contribution in One task at a time, One day at a time. This includes working on manual testing, automation, bug verification, mobile testing and more. so you can get involved with Automation, Firefox OS, Desktop Firefox, Mozilla websites, Services, or Thunderbird.
- He Tells about Mozilla Webmaker (https://webmaker.org/). Webmaker is open source, community-powered, and backed by Mozilla’s non-profit mission to build and protect the open web.
- We can Explore, Resources are available and it has Free tools for web making.
Three Tools are
1) X-Ray Goggles (See how the web works)
2) Thimble (Make and publish your own web page)
3) Popcorn Maker (Create interactive videos) .
- We Can also Contribute through Webmaker. It has Teaching kits (Creating or share a resource for teaching in digital skills), Translate(Help Localize), Design(Participate in Level skills), Codes(File Bugs,Submit the patches) and Events(host a event in your hometown).
2) Introduction to BitCoin – By Syed Khaleel
- Khaleel tells about what is Bitcoin ?
- Bitcoin is a software-based payment system described by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008,and introduced as open-source software in 2009, reportedly by Nakamoto.The payments in the system are recorded in a public ledger using its own unit of account,which is also called Bitcoin.
- Payments work peer-to-peer without a central repository or single administrator,
- Which has led the US Treasury to call bitcoin a decentralized virtual currency.Although its status as a currency is disputed, media reports often refer to bitcoin as a cryptocurrency or digital currency.
- Users can send and receive bitcoins electronically for an optional transaction fee using wallet software on a personal computer, mobile device, or a web application.
- Obsolete bitcoin mining hardware common in early and mid-2013. Called USB Erupter, each can calculate 333 mega hashes per second. So Here is the picture for USB Erupter.
- Here is the Sample Paper wallet of bitcoin with QR codes
- The username and password for the wallet of bitcoin is Dynamically Anonymous(Hashkeys).
- On the Economics side the bitcoin is termed as
1) Classification as money
2) It has Price and volatility
3) It is Alternative to national currencies
4) As investment
5) Value forecasts
6) Speculative bubble
- Today(meet up) the rate of 1bitcoin=$936 US Dollars.
3) Using Cryptographic tools to sending encrypted emails by Prasanna
- Prasanna Tells about we can secure our Email Security using Cryptography.
- Anyone using Email that is concerned about the security of the data being transferred should use Public Key Encryption. There are several open source software tools like GnuPG and WinPt to accomplish these tasks.
- The primary benefit of public key cryptography is that it allows people who have no preexisting security arrangement to exchange messages securely.
- The need for sender and receiver to share secret keys via some secure channel is eliminated; all communications involve only public keys, and no private key is ever transmitted or shared.
- If you want to send an encrypted mail to somebody, you encrypt it using the public key. Only the addressee himself will be able to decrypt it using his private key.
- GnuPG is a complete and free replacement for PGP. Because it does not use the patented IDEA algorithm, it can be used without any restrictions. GnuPG is a RFC2440 (OpenPGP) compliant application.
- We can Get the latest GnuPG distribution from http://www.gnupg.org. We can use GnuPG in Windows, Linux, Mac etc.
- He shows how to use the Cryptography tools in Real life world.
- The Cryptography also uses RSA and DSA Algorithms.
Public Key with Encryption
- We must get the public key from the receiver side,so we must select the bits from 1024 and 4096 bits. we can select the key expiration by days,weeks,months,years. Give the realname,emailid and comments for that. and atlast give the passphare ( It should be secured). And we must encrypt the sending message and send to receiver.
Private Key with Decryption
- The receiver must have the Private key to Decrypt. It shows the Secret message. Public Key Cryptography can therefore achieve Confidentiality. However another important aspect of Public Key Cryptography is its ability to create a Digital Signature.
- From this technique we can send the message to our friends securely without the Hackers interaction.
- Cracking or Decryption can be stopped By Cryptography Techniques.
- Atlast he recommended the Text Secure for Android Mobiles. For Preventing our personal message.
4) Wine Software By Aravind Raj
- Wine is a free and open source software application that aims to allow applications designed for Microsoft Windows to run on Unix-like operating systems. Wine also provides a software library, known as Winelib, against which developers can compile Windows applications to help port them to Unix-like systems. The site of Wine is http://www.winehq.org/
- The ScreenShot of Wine is Given Below
- From this Wine Software. We can run the Windows Files in the Linux or Unix operating System.