VGLUG sharing various technology knowledge to rural college students. As part of it we are doing Web Development Training class every week. The training is divided into two teams due to huge number of participants. 3rd and final year students are in the Red team and the 1st and 2nd year students are in the Blue team. In this Web Development training we share knowledge about Web Development(ReactJS and NodeJS), Free software technologies, tools and social activities.
Timing: 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Venue : VGLUG Office, No. 416, Ganapathi nagar, K.K. Road, Villupuram – 605 602
Contact: Mr. Sathish – 7502273418
- Discussion on FOSS and Linux (Group Discussion)
- HTML tags and building simple webpage using HTML
Minutes of meet
- This week Web Development session(Red team) was handled by Sathish.
- Sathish introduced the Free and Open source software. In this talk he covered what is FOSS, need of FOSS and he explained the Freedoms which is a part of FOSS by one small activity.
- Then, he spoke about Richard Matthew Stallman, and explains his campaign for GNU Projects. Also he spoke about Linus Benedict Torvalds and he explains his journey to create Linux OS as GNU Project.
- Sathish, gave task to search about licenses which is used in software development.
- Then, he started a HTML class and he explain about some Basic HTML tags.
- He explain about styling a website using CSS attributes. Finally, he gave to task to everyone to create their resume as web page using HTML and CSS.
- This week class was attended by around 40+ peoples.
Timing: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Venue : VGLUG Foundation, Bhavani Street, Alamelupuram, Villupuram – 605 602
Contact: Ms. Keerthana – 7402128023
- What is web application and its importance. How it works in browser.
- Basic HTML tags and CSS styling.
- What is FOSS? Types of GNU/Linux distros.
Minutes of meet
- This week Web Development session(Blue team) was handled by Keerthana, Dhilip & Manimaran.
- Keerthana explained what is web, how it works & importance. Then, she started a HTML class and she explain about some Basic HTML tags & Structures.
- She explained about styling a website using CSS attributes and its types. Finally, she gave a task to everyone to create web page by using explained tags.
- Dhilip introduced the Free and Open source software. In this talk he covered what is FOSS, need of FOSS and he explained the 4 Freedoms and varieties of distros in GNU/Linux.
- Then, Keerthana spoke about Richard Matthew Stallman, and explained his campaign for GNU Projects.
- Finally we made one group discussion with help of Manimaran, In this discussion we discussed about why FOSS and why its is important to our society. Also, discussed with some real examples about proprietary vs FOSS tools.
- This week class was attended by around 35+ peoples.
- Speakers: Sathish, Keerthana, Dhilip, Manimaran
- Poster: Sowndharya, Manimaran & Keerthana
- Blog: Kanagasabapathy
- All other VGLUG volunteers and participants